The following is a guide that will take student athletes to an on-line concussion testing program. This is a requirement for all potential SHS athletes planning to participate in athletics during the 20-21 school year. Your results will automatically be saved and forwarded to Henry County Sports Medicine.
Instructions for Concussion Vital Signs
1. Use a computer or laptop that has access to the internet
2. This should be done in a quiet place, without distractions. This is a baseline test and should be taken seriously. If you do not give a good effort, you will have to retake it. This must be completed before you are allowed to practice. 3. Go to http://www.concussionvitalsigns.com
This is what the screen should look like.
4. Click on the banner labeled Athlete Testing in the top right-hand corner.
5. The username is: HCHSMPE; password: Concussion
6. Then click Athlete Assessment Login
7. This will open a new page where you will need to create your own Athlete ID
8. The ID will be:
S-Initials (first middle last)- (last 4 digits of phone number)
9. Then click take test. The following screen will popup. Fill this as follows:
a. Assessment Type: Baseline
b. Assessments: Concussion Vital Signs, Athlete Information & Medical History, Concussion Symptom Scale
c. Testing Supervision: Unsupervised
d. Testing Environment: Alone
10. After you click ok, it will take you to a page that confirms everything. Click okay.
11. This will begin your test. Take this seriously and do your best!